First of all, thank you so much for reading this blog. I’ve started it to document my journey into the sometimes daunting world of mental health and wellbeing, sharing my experiences and learnings so far. I’m hoping to be able to share some wellbeing tips that I pick up along the way, and provide insights into the journey of becoming a mental health practitioner.
What will I be writing about?
I am hoping to provide a variety of content on this blog, but before I do so, I just want to make it clear that these are my own thoughts and views that I am sharing with you, they are not affiliated to any current work place or academic setting. This is a personal blog, sharing the ups and downs of life, with a particular focus on mental health and wellbeing.
- An honest account of my personal experience of mental health and anxiety.
- My academic journey so far
- My experience of undertaking an MSc and my application tips
- Wellbeing tips
- An overview of mental health interventions
- Sharing my aspirations of becoming a Clinical Psychologist and what it takes.
- A list of the best self help and wellbeing books, blogs and websites.
What am I aiming to accomplish with this blog?
I am hoping that I will be able to provide help to those who are seeking it, be it from an educational or personal perspective. Breaking into the field of mental health is difficult, it can sometimes be overwhelming and hard to navigate, as I myself have found. I am hoping that by sharing my experiences so far, it can also help those of you who are aiming to start a career in mental health.